- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup passion fruit juice + 2 Tbsp. passion fruit juice
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 8 Ramekins
Watch video of this recipe in facebook
1. Pour a cup of sugar and 1/3 cups of passion fruit juice into a saucepan over a medium heat. Let the sugar melt and form a golden color. Don’t over stir. Take off the heat.
2. Spoon the caramel into each ramekin, and swirl it around so the bottom is covered. Set aside to cool.
3. In another saucepan, heat heavy cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, and two tablespoons of passion fruit juice. Stir until well mixed and hot.
4. In a large bowl, mix egg yolks, eggs, and gradually pour in the hot passion fruit cream mixture until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture through a sieve to make the mixture smooth.
5. Place the ramekins into a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into the pan to come roughly halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Pour the mixture into the ramekins and bake at 350˚F / 175˚C for 45 minutes. Let the flan cool outside the oven, and then refrigerate it for at least two hours.
6. When you’re ready to serve the flan, run a knife around the edges to loosen, place a dish over the top of the ramekin and quickly invert it. Enjoy!