• 1 pound round boule-style loaf of sourdough
• 6 slices provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
• 1/4 cup marinara sauce
• 2 large garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
• chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Full recipe from : yummly.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rip off a large enough piece of foil to wrap around the loaf; coat with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet.
Cut the loaf of bread into 1-inch slices with a serrated knife, leaving about 1/4-inch of the base of the bread intact. Repeat cuts in the opposite direction to create a crosshatch/cubed pattern. Place bread on the foil.
Press provolone pieces between all the slices of bread.
In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, marinara, minced garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Gently pry apart the bread pieces and drizzle the mixture over the loaf evenly, making sure to get in all the seams and cover all the pieces.
Wrap the bread up in the foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
Open up the foil, increase oven temperature to 425 degrees, and bake another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving, sprinkle with parsley, pull apart the pieces and enjoy!